Here are a few helpful Tips on how best to care for your pearls:-
1. Most importantly, protect from perfume, sprays and detergents.
2. Store them in silk or a soft cloth away from sharp objects to prevent scratches.
3. Gently wipe a soft dry cloth over them once in a while to remove oil residue from the skin which regenerates their natural lustre.
4. Finally, a professional re-string of your pearls is essential to maintain safety and the best appearance of a pearl necklace or bracelet. Pearls of Purity string all pearls onto many strands of pure silk, and hand knot them the traditional and strongest way of ensuring the safety of each pearl in the event of an accident, it also retains flexibility and softness which complements the pearls.
5. If the silk become stretched it can weaken particularly if it comes into contact with moisture.
6. The suggested amount of time between re-stringing will depend on the amount of wear and conditions the pearls have encountered, but if the pearls can be moved back and forth along the silk, it is time for a bit of tender loving care.
STRINGING SERVICEWe have 30 years experience in threading high grade pearls onto the finest silks.
1. Post your item to Pearls of Purity Ltd. P O Box 125, Kent, TN18 5WD by Royal Mails Special Delivery service, so that it is insured.
2. Enclose a note, giving full personal details. Name, Address, Post Code, very importantly telephone number and/or Email address.
3. Enclose full instruction of the re-string, for example, straight forward re-string same as before, or full details if you require anything changed.
4. Enclose a cheque payable to C Sodeau for the amount quoted below. If you are unsure we will contact you when we receive your item to advise exact cost.
5. Please allow 10 working days for return, on many occasions it will be sooner.
One row necklace up to 18 or up to 100 pearls £18 if over 18 or over 100 pearls go to 2 row costing.
Two row necklace up to 18 or up to 100 pearls £36 if over 18 or over 100 pearls go to 3 row costing
Three row necklace up to 18 or up to 200 pearls £54 if over 18 or over 200 pearls go to 4 row costing
£12 per row for normal sized pearls, please request a quote for tiny seed pearls and beads.
Pearl cleaning (Inside holes only for particularly dirty strands) £10 per row.
Pearl grading (re-positioning, for example rearranging the design) £10 per row.
Postage and packing by Royal Mails Special Delivery Insured service is £6.50 to be added to each service order.
2 row necklace 17 and under 100 pearls £41.95 (£36 + £6.50)
1 row necklace 16 and under 100 pearls £23.95 (£18 + £6.50)
1 row bracelet £17.95 (£12 + £6.50)
3 row bracelet £41.95 (£36 + £6.50)